Damien Hirst released a $20m drop called “The currency” on Heni.com. Sabretooth and Kizu review the drop and discuss;
- The $2000 per piece and $20m project price tag, is it worth it?
- How the art of “The currency” fits with the historical context of Hirst’s works
- The possible motivations of Hirst to do an NFT drop at this stage in his career
- The possible emergence of NFT vs Crypto market cycle timings
- The gatekeeping mechanism in this drop vs traditional art scene
- The mechanics of the interaction between the NFT and Physical prints in this drop and how to think about the game theory involved.
- The problems associated with bridging NFTs across blockchains
- PREDICTIONS: Which pieces are going to worth the most
- PREDICTIONS: Which traits will drive price appreciation