This is an 6 episode series on generative artists who we found interesting. 6 artists in total who we found contributes something unique in the current generative art landscape, they span different blockchains/platforms/aesthetics/personal histories.
- Rags to riches story, started off dropping pieces for only $3-$10 per piece in HEN, now his works are selling for $20,000+
- Parallels to career development in trad art where artists move from smaller galleries to super galleries
- Comparison between selling individual pieces of a generative algorithm, vs selling the generator itself, Shvembldr has done both.
- Kizu talks about Picasso’s sculptures and how they illustrate a point about current art drops.
- Sabretooth talks about how the lootbox mechanic in generative art drops bridges the two worlds of collectible NFTs and Fine Art NFTs.
Shvembldr’s The blocks of Art series;
Shvembldr’s HEN generative art